Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day #3: Pieces Coming Together

After the third day of working on our installation project, I think we are all feeling really good about where things are going and how each piece is coming together.  Now that other groups have begun hanging more fabric, we were able to interact more.  Instantly I was able to see some really great "moments" happening within the room, which makes the photography portion of this project more exciting.



Seeing the room as a whole and viewing the project through a camera lens is an interesting experience because the camera seems to catch more intricacies and movement.  I find the room a little overwhelming as a whole, but the pictures are able to focus on the conversations happening between the different designs...I find it really beautiful.



I'm excited to go in tomorrow and add the last finishing touches and start incorporating light before we turn all our focus on to the presentation portion of the project.  The project has been a fun experience in getting to know and work with new people, and I think we are really starting to mesh as a group and class.  Since the interior design students spend so much time together and we've built strong friendships over the last four years, I think some of us were hesitant about working with people from other areas of study.  We all know how one another work and what each of our strengths are, so having new people come into the little family we've established was hard to get used to, but I think we've managed well over the last three weeks.  I look forward to seeing how the rest of the semester pans out.



No comments:

Post a Comment